This feature 'Bhutan Adventure Tour' explores the wondrous Bhutanese countryside via mountain biking, hiking and trekking. This tour also visits significant historical and sacred sites throughout the western valleys of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and the central areas of Trongsa and Bumthang.
• Cycle through mixed forests, pasturelands and valleys dotted with villages rich in culture.
• Spend 3 days trekking the area around the beautiful Phobjikha Valley.
• Explore Bhutan's central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
• Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
• Experience Bhutan's unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
• Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
• Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
• Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
• Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
• Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
Bhutan Adventure Tour
Still looking for flights? You can have flight experts compete against one another to find you the absolute best and cheapest flights.