This is a 13 days / 12 nights special journey where unique, real adventure opportunities are going to be experienced. The off the beaten trail route has been discovered and traced by us together with Globetrooper Founders: Lauren & Todd on Discovery Expedition I in November 2010 in Cusco, Peru, in the lands where legends say the gods converted into mountains.
The trip includes adventure activities such as mountain biking, river rafting, canopy zipline, hiking and the major highlights on the Cusco area, in particular, the famous Machu Picchu.
This trip will be operated just twice before closing the destination forever to preserve intact forest wilderness and native culture.
This is not a tourist luxury trip, this is an adventure expedition.
ITINERARY: Cusco – Moray – Maras – Santa María – Santa Teresa – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Butterfly River – Cusco
EXPEDITION II DEPARTURE:
June 26th 2011 from Cusco, Peru > PRICE: U$ 4,999
EXPEDITION III (final) DEPARTURE:
July 17th 2011 from Cusco, Peru > PRICE: U$ 6,999
· Accommodation in superior class hotels where they exist, rural lodges, native houses and camping according with the itinerary
· Transport and cargo: Full time private support vehicle, front suspension mountain bikes, rafting boats, mules, muleteers and porters, Machu Picchu train, local transfers.
· All meals in hotels, restaurants and camp sites according with the itinerary. Hydration: water and hydration fluid unlimited quantity anytime during the trip.
· Full time full support: Expert bilingual guides, bike mechanic support and first aid. Equipment: medical kit, safety equipment, radio-communication equipment (cellular, radio and sattelital), tents and camping equipment. Trip monitoring 24/7.
· Entrance tickets: to all historic and cultural sites visited on the expedition, including Machu Picchu.
•Warm clothes set
•Active sports clothing, loose fit, long sleeves, breathable materials
•Light hiking shoes and sandals
•Photo camera or video recorder, batteries, charger, and extra memory chips
•Rain jacket or poncho
•Mid size backpack with hydration bladder
•High grade sun screen
•Swiss army knife
•Sleeping bag and pad
•Lots of enthusiasm :)
Let's do it!
Butterfly River Expedition II
Still looking for flights? You can have flight experts compete against one another to find you the absolute best and cheapest flights.