Dates 1 Jun '12 to 1 Oct '12
Flexible? Yeah, sure
Est. Cost 1,800 - 2,500 USD (USD United States Dollars)
Type Travel Partners Wanted
Name Horse back riding in Mongolia
12 days riding tour in Mongolia
1.day Arrival – Ulaanbaatar
• Arrive in Ulaanbaatar city and making excursion Ulaanbaatar, tour of the town: Gandan temple, Sukhbaatar squer and Zaisan hill etc. Overnight stay in 3*hotel.
2.day: Elsen Tasarhai - Kharkhorin
• Trip on asphalt street to Kharkhorin. After Breakfast in hotel we will drive to Kharkhorin which was a capital city of Mongolia in 13th century for about 30 years, located in northwestern part of Uvurkhangai province of Mongolia. Once we get there, we will accommodate in our own "Khangai tours" Ger camp.
3.day: Karakorum – Shanh cloister - Ulaan waterfall
• Trip to south to the Ulaan waterfall. Stopovers in Shanh temple, Uurtiin Tohoi Canyon. After having breakfast at the horseman’s camp, we will start preparing our horse trip with Mongolian horses, packing yaks and doing a short trip with local horse guides to do for next riding days. Once we arrived at the family, we will be introduced and get used to our horses, and doing a short trip with local horse guides. We will get experienced of Mongolian culture, way of life of nomadic families. Stay overnight in Ger camp.
4.day:Ride tour 1st day: Bituun river and Gyatruun mountains
• This morning we will start our horse riding tour. After having breakfast, we will pack our staff and ride to Gyatruun mountains, where is a hot springs. During the day we will see great landscapes and one of the wildest and unspoiled travel destinations of Mongolia. We will camp overnight in our tents.
5.day: Ride tour 2nd day: Naiman Nuur – Huis 8 lake
• Today we will ride to the first Lake Huis in the famous area Naiman Nuur –a valley locked by the outside world through mountains with eight small underground connected lakes where yet always no cars can pure go. Overnight stay in tents.
6.day: Ride tour 3rd day: Naiman Nuur – Shireet lake
• This morning we will ride to the biggest Lake Shireet, which is perfect for photo-shooting and camping overnight. We highly recommend this area for our customers who want to experience adventurous horseback riding. We will camp overnight in our tents.
7.day: Ride tour 4th day: Naiman Nuur - Airag lake
• This morning we will ride to the next Lake Airag, which has wonderful area. We will camp overnight in our tents. We will visit nomad family. Overnight stay in tents.
8.day: Ride tour 5th day: Naiman Nuur – Ulaan waterfall
• Today after breakfast we will end our horse riding tour and ride back to our Ger Camp and have dinner with the horseman’s family. We will stay overnight in a Ger Camp.
9.day: Ulaan waterfall – Orkhon river – Kharkhorin
• Today we will drive to Karakorum and visit one of the Mongolian most attractive monasteries Erdenezuu locates in Kharkhorin City. The Erdenezuu monastery is the most ancient survived Buddist monastery in Kharkhorin, Mongolia. The Erdenezuu monastery was built in 1585 by Abtai Sain Khan and the monastery was allowed to exist as a museum, the only functioning monastery was Gandan monastery in the capital, Ulaanbaatar. However after the fall of communism in Mongolia in 1990, the monastery was turned over the lamas and Erdenezuu again became a place of worship. Overnight stay in Ger camp.
10.day: Kharkhorin –Ulaanbaatar
• This morning after having breakfast we will drive to Elsen Tasarkhai sand dunes which is a semi desert typed beautiful landscape with big sand dunes. We are going to have an optional camel riding before dinner. After that we will drive back to Ulaanbaatar. When we arrive to Ulaanbaatar, we will be transferred to the hotel. Overnight stay in 3* hotel.
• Day full Ulaanbaatar in Ulaanbaatar. We will have some time to do souvenir shopping before we go to an attractive Mongolian National Folklore performance. After we visited the performance, you will be transferred to your accommodation. Overnight stay in 3* hotel.
12. day: Departure
Included in the price:
• All meals
• All transfers in the Mongolia
• All lodgings saddle, ride thing, tents and horses for 5 days ride tour
• provisions during the entire trip on full retirement basis
• English or German-speaking trip leadership off and until central station Ulaanbaatar
• all tickets for sights, national park, folklore concert in Karakorum
• bottles drinking water in the Gobi
Not included in the price:
• International flights
• visa fees
• trip insurance
• of drinks
• Transfer in Off Road jeep with 4 seats.
• Comfortable Ger camps with modern sanitary plants, fluent water, room service, laundry and restaurant.
• Lodging in Ulaanbaatar 3* hotel.
• It is recommended jacket warm garment, wind festival and rain festival to bring along mosquito protection and horseman boot.
• By request, vegetarian meal possible.
Horse back riding in Mongolia
Still looking for flights? You can have flight experts compete against one another to find you the absolute best and cheapest flights.