Dates 28 Jan '13 to 31 Jul '13
Flexible? Yeah, sure
Est. Cost 3,000 - 5,000 USD (USD United States Dollars)
Type Travel Partners Wanted
Name seeking adventurous freelancer (the states)
I'm a 28/w/m wanting to travel around the states while working on the road, and I'm looking for a fellow freelancer interested in joining me for the ride! Obviously, we'd need to meet up a few times and start hanging out a bit before we leave to make sure we'd be compatible, and I realize finding a safe, sane fit on craigslist is probably a long shot, but I figured I'd give it a go anyway. So, here's a bit about me and what I'm looking for:
- pretty typical white guy, looking to shake things up a bit. I love music, movies, soccer, sports, creativity, technology, etc.
- music: rock, alternative, and country are my faves but I can enjoy / tolerate other generes for a while.
- movies: action, adventure, suspense, trippy, twisty (Inception, the Nines, Loopers, etc).
- I am an iOS and web developer, full time now for a little over a year and a half.
- I would be most interested in a graphics designer, android developer, photographer, or similar such freelancer where we could potentially work or collaborate on projects together, but I'm cool with whatever.
- 25-ish to 30-ish years old, straight, male or female, no kids or significant other, ready to work hard and adventure harder.
- have your own gig(s) and gear to do whatever you do to do make your money on the road (legally, of course).
- be able to pay half of the gas, auto ins, mobile internet, food, and accommodations (camp sites, cabins, hostels, motels, hotels, couchsurfing/airbnb, etc.)
- law abiding citizen, good morals, good character, drug/smoke free, a bit of drinking okay, reasonable person, but not afraid to maybe get in just a little trouble :)
- at least mildly athletic and adventurous, interested in exploring and trying new things, and staying reasonably (if not really) active / fit.
- motivate and encourage each other to work hard and excel at each's own gig (whatever that may be).
- bounce ideas, difficulties, milestones, etc. for our projects off of each other.
- have some fun! have some adventure! travel and explore the united states (you might bring your passport, just in case).
- potential activities could include hiking, biking, kayaking, sky diving, rock climbing... anything you want to try? new hobbies? wanna pick up break dancing or freestyle street bicycling? let's do it.
Right now the plan is to take an extended cab truck with a bed topper and build a raised, wooden mattress frame in the bed to store all of our clothes, gear, camping/cooking supplies, etc underneath the frame. If needed, either of us could take turns sleeping in the back while the other is driving, and we could also both crash in the bed and/or up front if we're in a pinch with nowhere to stay. I'm also open to taking separate vehicles and doing this 'caravan' style (however that'd be twice the gas/insurance), or we could consider a pop up trailer or something similar, especially if there turns out to be more than one of you out there interested in doing this and we all click as a group.
As you can see, I'm pretty open and flexible about the idea, and if you're even remotely interested, shoot me an email expressing your interest and any questions/concerns/thoughts you may have. Please also include a brief bio about yourself, your gig, interests, etc, as well as your facebook profile (mandatory), twitter, linked in, website, portfolio, or any other links you may have available, just so I can get a feel for you and weed out any weirdos before replying with my own info. I plan to set sail 'for real' in early to mid April, but definitely looking to get to know you or even try a few mini-trips together as early as now.
seeking adventurous freelancer (the states)
Still looking for flights? You can have flight experts compete against one another to find you the absolute best and cheapest flights.