WP World Travel
With WP World Travel, you can do the following:
- Display your Current Location to readers
- Display your Travel Schedule to readers
- Allow readers to propose Meetups in each location
The mantra of Globetrooper is to help people travel the world together. And the purpose of the WP World Travel plugin is the same. Of course, as a travel blogger, it also makes sense to display your travel plans and meetup with readers around the globe.
How Does WP World Travel Work?
The plugin displays as a widget in your sidebar. When you add locations to your Travel Schedule (through the WordPress admin Dashboard), the most recent location shows as your Current Location. The remaining future locations show in your Travel Schedule, which is accessed through the link that says, ‘View My Travel Schedule’.
The Travel Schedule shows a list of destinations, the dates at each location and a link that says, ‘Let’s Meetup Here’. Your readers can click that link to propose a meetup with you in either of your future locations. The plugin will record the proposed Meetup in WordPress and attempt to send the details in an email.
If you don’t receive the email, make sure your have a working email address set in the general WordPress admin settings. Otherwise, your server settings may be incorrect or the emails are being trapped by your spam protection.
If you login to the WordPress admin Dashboard regularly, you shouldn’t miss proposed Meetups because we leave an alert message at the top of the screen (the same place where you are notified about WordPress updates).
You can access the Settings, Travel Schedule and Meetups through the Globetrooper link at the bottom of the right-hand menu in the WordPress admin Dashboard. Under the Globetrooper menu item, there are three options:
- Settings - Set the introduction text (e.g. I’m currently in…) and turn mail alerts on/off
- Schedule – Add and delete items from your Travel Schedule; make sure the dates are correct
- Meetups – View and delete propose Meetups; you can view readers’ email addresses here
If you have any problems, contact us directly (see below) and we’ll be happy to help.
How Do I Get WP World Travel?
There are two options to get the plugin:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins, click Add New, and search for ‘World Travel’
- Download the plugin from this link WP World Travel
We suggest you manage the plugin from within your Dashboard to receive all updates in a timely manner. However, if you download the plugin, simply copy it to your wp_content > plugins directory, then follow the instructions below.
How Do I Install WP World Travel?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Install and Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Add your travel plans to using the Schedule menu under Globetrooper in WordPress
- Drag the World Travel widget to a sidebar through the Widgets menu in WordPress
Support, Feedback and Improvements
You can contact us directly for support, to provide feedback or to request improvements. We can’t add all suggested improvements, but will certainly consider them all and keep in contact with you on our progress.
Alternatively, if you’d like to engage in a conversation, please leave a comment below. We will be notified by email and will reply to your comment as soon as viable. You may prefer this option to get feedback from our other users on solving problems or new features.
To contact us, use the Globetrooper Contact Form.