Top 10 Things to Do in Argentina
Argentina is a beautiful country with so much to offer tourists. From awe-inspiring natural wonders to vibrant city life, there is something for everyone in Argentina. Here are just a few of the many amazing things to see and do in this incredible country:
1. Visit Buenos Aires – the capital of Argentina is a must-see, with its stunning architecture, art galleries, and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
2. Wander through the streets of Barrio Chino – Buenos Aires' Chinatown is a fascinating cultural melting pot, worth exploring for its food, shops, and atmosphere.
3. Take a day trip to Tigre – just outside Buenos Aires, Tigre is a picturesque town set amongst rivers and wetlands, perfect for a relaxing day out.
4. Explore the Iguazu Falls – one of the most spectacular natural wonders in the world, the Iguazu Falls are not to be missed.
5. Visit an estancia – Argentinian estancias (ranches) offer visitors a taste of traditional gaucho culture, complete with horseback riding and hearty asado BBQs.
6. Trek through Los Glaciares National Park – this stunning national park is home to some of Argentina's most breathtaking landscapes, including glaciers, forests, and mountains.
7. Marvel at the Perito Moreno Glacier – one of the largest glaciers in South America, Perito Moreno is an awe-inspiring sight not to be missed.
8. See penguins at Isla Martillo – just off the coast of Tierra del Fuego, Isla Martillo is home to a colony of Magellanic penguins which can be spotted year-round.
9. Sample some Malbec wine in Mendoza – Mendoza is Argentina's wine country and the perfect place to sample some of the country's signature Malbec wines.
10. Experience traditional gaucho life in Salta – Salta province is famed for its unspoiled landscapes and traditional gaucho culture. Visitors can stay on working ranchos (farms) to get a true taste of this unique way of life.