Top 10 Things to Do in Vietnam
Vietnam is a beautiful country with plenty to see and do. Here are ten of the best things to add to your Vietnam itinerary:
1. Visit the ancient city of Hoi An. With its well-preserved architecture and quaint canals, Hoi An is a must-see for any first-time visitor to Vietnam.
2. Take a cruise down Halong Bay. This stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site is breathtaking at any time of day, but especially during sunset.
3. Explore the old capital of Hue. From the Emperor's Citadel to the ancient Tombs of the Emperors, Hue is rich in history and culture.
4. Learn about the Vietnam War at the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City. This sobering museum provides an important perspective on one of the twentieth century's most brutal conflicts.
5. Visit the Mekong Delta. The Mekong Delta is a fascinating region of Vietnam, and taking a boat ride through the network of canals is an unforgettable experience.
6. Spend a few days relaxing on Phu Quoc Island. With its sandy beaches and clear waters, Phu Quoc is the perfect place to unwind after a busy few days exploring Vietnam's cities.
7. Go hiking in Sapa. Located in northwestern Vietnam, Sapa is home to some of the country's most beautiful scenery, including rice terraces, mountains, and waterfalls.
8. Try your hand at traditional Vietnamese cooking in Hanoi. There are plenty of cooking classes available in Hanoi, and it's a great way to learn about Vietnamese culture and cuisine.
9. Shop for souvenirs at one of Hanoi's many markets. From traditional handicrafts to contemporary art, there's something for everyone at Hanoi's markets.
10. Experience Vietnamese nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City. From rooftop bars to stylish nightclubs, Ho Chi Minh City has plenty to offer when it comes to nightlife options.