Top 10 Things to Do in Barbados
The Bahamas is a top vacation destination for many reasons. The white sand beaches and clear blue waters are just the beginning. There is so much to do in The Bahamas, whether you want to relax on the beach or explore the island. Here are the top 10 things to do in The Bahamas:
1. Visit Nassau, the capital of The Bahamas. This city is full of history and culture. There are plenty of museums and historical sites to explore, as well as countless restaurants, bars, and shops.
2. Soak up the sun on one of the many white sand beaches. Some of the most popular beaches include Cable Beach, Paradise Beach, and Love Beach.
3. Explore the underwater world with a snorkeling or scuba diving trip. The Bahamas is home to some of the best dive sites in the world, including the Tongue of the Ocean and Shark Reef.
4. Take a day trip to one of the nearby islands, such as Eleuthera or Exuma. These islands offer a different pace than Nassau, with plenty of opportunities for relaxation and exploration.
5. Visit one of the many national parks, such as the Lucayan National Park or Out Islands National Park. These parks offer a chance to see some of the unique flora and fauna that call The Bahamas home.
6. Learn about The Bahamas’ rich history with a visit to one of the many historical sites, such as Fort Charlotte or Fort Fincastle.
7. Sample some of The Bahamas’ delicious seafood cuisine. Conch dishes are a must-try while in The Bahamas! Try them grilled, stewed, or in salad form.
8.'Shop till you drop' at one of the malls in Nassau like Marketplace located in Bay Street which has big name brand stores like Tiffany & Company, Gucci, Tory Burch & Louis Vuitton. For more local brands & souvenirs straw market is THE place located near Prince George Wharf.
9.'Bar hop' your way around Nassau sipping on delicious cocktails like Goombay Smash made with rum, pineapple juice , orange juice & coconut cream or Sky Juice made with gin , condensed milk & coconut water.
10.'Gamble' at one oldest & most luxurious casinos like Atlantis Resort which has over 700 slot machines & 79 gaming tables.