Top 10 Things to Do in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a beautiful country with so much to offer tourists. Here are the top ten things to do while you're visiting:
1. Spend time in the rainforest - Costa Rica is home to some of the world's most diverse and lush rainforests. Take a canopy tour or hike through the jungle to see all the amazing plant and wildlife up close.
2. Visit a volcano - Costa Rica has several active volcanoes, including Arenal and Irazu. You can sign up for guided tours that will take you right up to the edge of the crater. Just be sure to wear closed-toed shoes and bring plenty of water!
3. Go surfing - The waves off Costa Rica's Pacific coast are perfect for surfing. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, you'll find plenty of great spots to catch some waves.
4. Relax on a beach - Costa Rica has miles and miles of coastline, with plenty of beaches to choose from. Soak up the sun, go for a swim, or just stroll along the shoreline.
5. Visit a national park - Costa Rica is home to many national parks, including Manuel Antonio and Corcovado. These parks are teeming with wildlife, and offer opportunities for hiking, birdwatching, and more.
6. Take a coffee plantation tour - Costa Rica is one of the world's leading producers of coffee beans. Take a tour of a local plantation to learn about the process of growing and harvesting coffee, and sample some of the finished product.
7. Go whitewater rafting - Costa Rica's rivers offer some great whitewater rafting opportunities. There are different levels of difficulty to choose from, so you can find something that's just right for you.
8. Try zip-lining - Zip-lining is a popular activity in Costa Rica, and for good reason! There's nothing quite like flying through the air surrounded by verdant jungle scenery.
9. Sample local cuisine - The food in Costa Rica is tasty and varied, with something to suit every taste bud. Be sure to try traditional dishes like gallo pinto (rice and beans) and ceviche (raw fish marinated in citrus juice).
10. Take a Spanish language course - Learning even a few basic phrases in Spanish will make your trip more enjoyable as it will allow you to interact with locals more easily. Plus, it's a great way to immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture.