Top 10 Things to Do in Mexico
If you're looking for things to do in Mexico, you won't be disappointed. From exploring ancient ruins to soaking up the sun on the beach, there's something for everyone. Here are 10 of the best things to do in Mexico:
1. Visit the ancient city of Chichen Itza. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mexico. Tour the massive pyramid, learn about the Mayan culture, and don't forget to snap a photo with the iconic statue of a jaguar.
2. Go scuba diving or snorkeling in Cozumel. This island off the coast of Mexico is world-renowned for its clear blue waters and amazing marine life. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced diver, you'll find plenty to see and explore underwater.
3. Sunbathe on the beaches of Cancun. With its bright blue waters and white sand beaches, it's no wonder Cancun is such a popular tourist destination. lounge on the beach, swim in the clear waters, and soak up some Mexican sun.
4. Take a tour of Teotihuacan. This ancient Mesoamerican city is home to some of the most impressive pyramids in Mexico. Climb to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun for unbeatable views of the surrounding area.
5. Shop till you drop in Puerto Vallarta. From handcrafted souvenirs to local art and fashion, Puerto Vallarta is a shopper's paradise. Be sure to bargain with the vendors for great deals on unique items.
6. Sip on some tequila in Jalisco. This region is famous for its production of tequila (and mezcal). Visit a distillery to learn about how these signature Mexican spirits are made, and don't forget to sample a few!
7. Gaze at Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl from Puebla City. These two massive volcanoes are visible from many vantage points around Puebla City . For stunning views , take a cable car up to Cerro de San Diego.
8. Explore Cuernavaca’s Palace. This beautiful 16th century palace was once home to Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortes. Today, it serves as a museum with artwork , weapons , and other artifacts on display.
9. Visit Todos Santos. This small town is located on Baja California Sur and is known for its cool climate , coffee plantations , and picturesque streets. Be sure to check out La Casa de Adobe restaurant , which was once owned by painter Maud Adams.
10. Go birdwatching in El Triunfo. El Triunfo is a small town located in Chiapas near some of Mexico’s best birdwatching spots . Keep your eyes peeled for colorful tropical birds like macaws , toucans, and parrots.