Top 10 Things to Do in Chile
Chile is a land of extremes, with towering volcanoes, pristine glaciers, and rugged coastline. From the bright lights of Santiago to the remote islands of Patagonia, there is something for everyone in Chile. Here are 10 of the best things to do in this amazing country:
1. Visit Easter Island – home to the famous Moai statues, Easter Island is one of the most isolated places on earth. But it is also one of the most fascinating, with a rich history and culture that is unlike anywhere else.
2. Take a dip in geothermal pools – Chile is home to some of the world’s largest geothermal pools, which are heated by volcanic activity. The water is said to have therapeutic properties, and it’s definitely a unique experience!
3. Explore Santiago – Chile’s capital city is a vibrant metropolis with plenty to see and do. From shopping and dining in stylish Providencia to visiting historic sites like La Moneda Palace, there’s something for everyone in Santiago.
4. See the Atacama Desert – the Atacama Desert is said to be the driest place on earth, and it certainly looks otherworldly. Whether you go for a camel ride or just enjoy the landscapes from a vantage point, the Atacama is a must-see destination in Chile.
5. Hike through Torres del Paine National Park – located in Patagonia, Torres del Paine National Park is renowned for its dramatic landscapes of mountains, glaciers, and lakes. There are plenty of hiking trails to explore, and you might even spot some wildlife along the way!
6. Visit Valparaiso – an important port city dating back to colonial times, Valparaiso has a unique charm with its brightly-colored houses clinging to steep hillsides overlooking the harbor. Be sure to take a ride on one of the city’s iconic funiculars!
7. Taste Chilean wine – Chile is becoming increasingly well-known for its excellent wines, so be sure to sample some during your visit! The Central Valley region around Santiago produces some of the best wines in Chile, so it’s a great place to start your wine-tasting journey.
8. Go skiing or snowboarding – Chile is home to several world-class ski resorts, so if you’re looking for some winter fun then this is the place to go! Some of the best resorts can be found in the Andes Mountains near Santiago.
9. Get up close to glaciers – Chile’s Patagonia region is home to some truly stunning glaciers, including Grey Glacier which can be reached by boat from Puerto Natales. Alternatively, you can visit glacier sights like Perito Moreno Glacier near El Calafate in Argentine Patagonia.
10. Take a cruise through Chilean fjords – Chilean fjords are some of the most beautiful in South America, and there are plenty of cruise options available that will allow you to appreciate their beauty.