Top 10 Things to Do in Fiji
Fiji is a gorgeous country made up of more than 300 islands in the South Pacific. Although it's best known for its stunning beaches, there's much more to Fiji than just sand and surf. Here are ten things to do in Fiji, whether you're looking for adventure or just want to relax and soak up the sun:
1. Swim with manta rays: Manta rays are gentle giants of the sea, and swimming with them is an unforgettable experience. Fiji is one of the best places in the world to swim with manta rays, and there are plenty of tour operators offering trips to see these majestic creatures.
2. Visit a traditional Fijian village: Fiji is renowned for its hospitable people, and visitors can get a taste of traditional Fijian culture by visiting a village. Most villages welcome visitors with open arms, and you’ll be able to learn about Fijian customs and way of life.
3. Go scuba diving: Fiji is home to some of the best scuba diving in the world, with crystal clear waters and an abundance of marine life. There are plenty of dive schools around the country, so you can easily learn how to dive and explore the underwater world.
4. Relax on the beach: Fiji has countless stunning beaches, so it’s the perfect place to relax and soak up some sun. Whether you’re looking for a quiet cove to yourself or a lively beach party, you’ll find it in Fiji.
5. Explore Viti Levu: Viti Levu is the largest island in Fiji, and it’s packed with things to see and do. From hiking through lush rainforests to visiting historic towns, there’s something for everyone on Viti Levu.
6. Take a boat trip: A boat trip is the perfect way to see more of Fiji’s stunning coastline and islands. There are plenty of tour operators offering boat trips, so you can easily find one that suits your needs.
7. Go hiking: Fiji offers some fantastic hiking opportunities, from short nature trails to multi-day treks through remote jungle areas. No matter what your fitness level, you’ll find a hike that’s suitable for you in Fiji.
8. Visit Nadi: Nadi is Fiji’s busiest town, and it’s the perfect place to shop for souvenirs or try some local food. There are also plenty of things to do in Nadi, such as visiting Hindu temples or taking a boat ride through mangrove forests.
9. Try surfing: Surfing is hugely popular in Fiji, and it’s the perfect place to learn how to surf or improve your skills. With consistent waves and plenty of surf schools around, there’s no better place to catch some waves than in Fiji.
10. Go fishing: Fishing is another popular pastime in Fiji, and there are many ways to go about it. You can hire a boat and go deep sea fishing, try your hand at fly fishing in rivers or streams, or simply drop a line off the shore – whatever floats your boat!