Top 10 Things to Do India
India is a massive country with a lot to see and do. To help you make the most of your trip, here are ten things that should definitely be on your list:
1. Marvel at the Taj Mahal: One of the most iconic buildings in the world, the Taj Mahal is an absolute must-see. Make sure to get there early to avoid the crowds and take some time to explore the sprawling grounds.
2. Take a ride on the Delhi Metro: The Delhi Metro is an efficient and inexpensive way to get around the city. If you're up for it, take a ride during rush hour for a true cultural experience.
3. Visit the Golden Temple: The holiest site for Sikhs, the Golden Temple is an amazing piece of architecture set in beautiful surroundings. Be sure to take your shoes off before entering the shrine.
4. Shop at a bazaar in Jaipur: Jaipur is known for its colorful markets, selling everything from spices to textiles. Haggling is expected, so don't be afraid to bargain for a good price.
5. See the sights in Mumbai: From the Gateway of India to Chowpatty Beach, there are plenty of things to see and do in Mumbai. Make sure to try some of the delicious street food while you're there.
6. Climb up staircases in Chennai: Chennai is home to some of the oldest temples in India, many of which are situated atop hilltops reached by long flights of stairs. It's definitely worth climbing all those steps for the incredible views at the top.
7. Pay your respects at Amaravati: Amaravati is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site, housing several ancient stupas and temples. Don't miss out on seeing the enormous statue of Buddha that overlooks the complex.
8. Take a river cruise in Kolkata: Kolkata is located on the Ganges River, making it the perfect place to take a leisurely cruise and enjoy views of both sides of this bustling city. At night, be sure to watch for traditional oil lamps floating downstream.
9. Wander through palaces in Bangalore: Bangalore was once home to many royal families, and as such, there are numerous grand palaces scattered throughout the city waiting to be explored. Some are even open to overnight guests if you want a truly regal experience!
10. Trek through tea plantations in Munnar: Munnar is home to some of India's largest tea plantations, covering miles upon miles of rolling hillsides. There are several treks available that will take you through these stunning landscapes—definitely worth putting on your list if you're looking for things to do in India!