Top 10 Things to Do in The Philippines
The Philippines is a beautiful country with plenty to see and do. Here are ten of the best things to do while you're there:
1. Visit Boracay Island – Boracay is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines. It's renowned for its stunning white sand beaches, crystal clear water, and lively atmosphere.
2. Go scuba diving or snorkeling – The Philippines is home to some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling spots in the world. There's an incredible array of marine life to see, from colorful reef fish to turtles and even manta rays.
3. Explore Manila – Manila is the capital of the Philippines and it's a fascinating city to explore. From the historical Intramuros district to the bustling Chinatown, there's plenty to see and do.
4. Visit an active volcano – The Philippines is home to several active volcanoes, including Mount Pinatubo. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even hike to the crater lake at the summit. Just be sure to check conditions before you go as volcanic activity can be unpredictable.
5. Go island hopping – The Philippines is made up of over 7,000 islands, so there's plenty of opportunity for island hopping. Head to Palawan for some of the best beaches in the country or visit Boholto see the iconic Chocolate Hills.
6. Take a dip in Magellan's Pool – Magellan's Pool is a freshwater pool located in Cebu province. It was once used as a bathing spot by Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan and his men and today it's a popular spot for swimming and relaxing.
7. Visit Perez Park – Perez Park is a beautiful waterfall located in Davao City on Mindanao Island. The park also has picnic areas and hiking trails, making it a great spot for a day trip from Davao City.
8. See the Banaue Rice Terraces – The Banaue Rice Terraces are 2,000-year-old terraces that were carved into the mountainside by the Ifugao people. They're an amazing sight and well worth a visit if you're in northern Luzon.
9. Try Filipino food – Filipino food is delicious and surprisingly diverse. From hearty stews like kare kareto exotic fruits like durian, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
10. Learn about Philippine history – The Philippines has a long and interesting history dating back centuries. From Spanish colonial rule to American occupation , there are plenty of stories to be learned. A visit to one of the many museums located throughout the country is a great way to start your exploration. Alternatively, take a tour led by a knowledgeable guide.