Top 10 Things to Do in Thailand
Thailand is a country full of culture, things to see and do, and delicious food. When visiting Thailand, be sure to check out these ten things:
1. Visit temples - Thailand is home to over 40,000 temples, making it a must-see for any visitor. Some of the most popular temples include Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Arun, and Wat Pho.
2. Ride an elephant - For many people, riding an elephant is a once-in-a- lifetime experience. And what better place to do it than in Thailand, where elephants are such an important part of the culture?
3. Go island hopping - With over 1,000 islands in Thailand, there’s no shortage of places to explore. Popular island-hopping destinations include Krabi, Phuket, and Koh Phi Phi.
4. Take a cooking class - Thai food is world-renowned for its flavor and diversity. If you’re interested in learning how to cook Thai food yourself, consider taking a cooking class while in Thailand.
5. Visit a floating market - Floating markets are a uniquely Thai experience not to be missed. The largest and most popular floating market is Damnoen Saduak, but there are many others worth visiting as well.
6. Get a Thai massage - A visit to Thailand isn’t complete without getting a traditional Thai massage. These massages are said to help with everything from back pain to headaches and stress relief.
7. Watch a Muay Thai fight - Muay Thai is the national sport of Thailand, so watching a live fight is a must for any visitor to the country. Bangkok’s Lumpinee Stadium is one of the best places to catch a fight.
8. Shop at Chatuchak Market - With over 15,000 stalls, Chatuchak Market is the largest outdoor market in Thailand (and possibly even in the world). You can find just about anything here, from clothes and souvenirs to food and electronics.
9. See the Grand Palace - The Grand Palace was once the home of the Thai king and his courtiers, but today it serves as a museum open to the public (entrance fee required). Don’t miss out on seeing this important piece of Thai history while you’re in Bangkok.
10 . Cruise down the Chao Phraya River - The Chao Phraya River flows through Bangkok and is lined with temples, markets, and other attractions. Perhaps the best way to see all that the river has to offer is by taking a leisurely cruise down it on one of the many tour boats available for hire.