Top 10 Things to Do in The United Kingdom
Looking for things to do in The United Kingdom? Here are ten great suggestions:
1. Visit Stonehenge – This ancient monument is one of the most popular tourist attractions in The UK. Built over 4,500 years ago, it is a fascinating example of human engineering and ingenuity.
2. Take a leisurely stroll through Hyde Park – One of the largest parks in London, Hyde Park is the perfect place to enjoy a summer picnic or take a scenic walk.
3. Check out the Tower of London – A historic castle located on the River Thames, the Tower of London has served as a royal palace, prison, and execution site over the centuries. Today, it is open to the public as a museum.
4. Explore Hadrian's Wall – This ancient Roman wall runs for 73 miles across England and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors can hike along sections of the wall or explore ruins of forts and castles that dot the landscape.
5. Visit Warwick Castle – A medieval castle located in Warwickshire, England, Warwick Castle was built in 1068 by William the Conqueror. Today, it is open to the public as a tourist attraction and hosts many events throughout the year.
6. Have afternoon tea at The Ritz – A luxurious hotel located in London, The Ritz is famous for its afternoon tea service. Enjoy delicious sandwiches, scones, and pastries while sipping on tea from fine china cups.
7. Stroll through Kew Gardens – A beautiful botanical garden in southwest London, Kew Gardens is home to over 30,000 different species of plants and flowers. Visitors can also see the iconic glasshouses and pagoda while exploring the grounds.
8. Take a ride on The London Eye – One of The UK's most popular tourist attractions, The London Eye is a giant Ferris wheel situated on the banks of The Thames river. Enjoy stunning views of The city as you ride in one of the 32 capsules slowly rotating around the wheel.
9. Shop till you drop on Oxford Street – This busy shopping street in central London is home to flagship stores for many popular brands as well as department stores like Selfridges and John Lewis. If you're looking for some retail therapy, Oxford Street is definitely the place to be!
10. Visit Edinburgh Castle – Scotland's most visited tourist attraction, Edinburgh Castle is perched atop an extinct volcano and offers stunning views of The city below . Make sure to also exploreThe Royal Mile which runs down from The castle— there are plenty of interesting shops and restaurants to discover along the way!