Top 10 Things to Do in Brazil
Brazil is a land of contrasts, with both bustling cities and remote Amazonian rainforests. While the country has much to offer tourists, here are 10 of the best things to do in Brazil:
1. Visit Rio de Janeiro – No trip to Brazil would be complete without a visit to Rio de Janeiro, one of the most vibrant cities in the world. From strolling along Copacabana beach to taking a cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain, there are plenty of ways to enjoy Rio.
2. Wander Around Salvador – Salvador is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is full of history and culture. The city is known for its colonial architecture, Afro-Brazilian heritage, and lively Carnival celebrations.
3. See the Iguazu Falls – The Iguazu Falls are one of the most spectacular sights in Brazil. Over 275 waterfalls cascade down the cliffs, and there are plenty of opportunities for hiking and wildlife watching in the surrounding national park.
4. Explore São Paulo – As Brazil’s largest city, São Paulo can seem overwhelming at first glance. However, there are plenty of interesting attractions to keep visitors busy, from art galleries and museums to shopping centers and nightclubs.
5. Discover Ouro Preto – A former gold-mining town, Ouro Preto is now a tranquil colonial city that is full of Baroque architecture. Wander the streets and admire the churches before heading underground to explore some of the old mines.
6. Visit Brasília – The capital of Brazil, Brasília is an ultra-modern city that was purpose-built in the 1960s. Highlights include the unique architecture, numerous parks and green spaces, and Lake Paranoá.
7. Take a Boat Ride In The Amazon – The Amazon is one of the most biodiverse regions on earth, and there are plenty of boat tours available that allow visitors to see some of the incredible wildlife up close. Keep your eyes peeled for everything from monkeys and sloths to turtles and caiman crocodiles.
8. Go Sport Fishing In Ilha Grande – Ilha Grande is a large island off the coast of Rio de Janeiro that is known for its pristine beaches and lush vegetation. Sport fishing is one of the main activities on the island, and it’s possible to catch everything from tuna to marlin.
9. Visit The Dunes Of Lençóis Maranhenses – The Lençóis Maranhenses national park is home to miles upon miles of sand dunes, some of which reach up to 40 meters high. During the rainy season, these dunes fill with lagoons, making for a truly surreal landscape.
10 . Sample Impressive Wines In Vitória – Vitória is capital of Espírito Santo state and it boasts beautiful beaches as well as excellent wine country just outside the city limits . With over 60 wineries in production , it’s easy to spend a day or two touring vineyards and sampling different varietals.